|Woman Health | Skin Care | Hair Care | Nail Care | Indian Motherhood | Pregnancy | Postpartum|
India Beauty Foods
The nutrient in foods are reflected in all four components of beauty: skin, hair, nails, teeth, and eyes.
Vitamins: Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Biotin, Folic Acid
Macro-nutrients etc: Complete Proteins, Omega 3, Digestive Enzymes
For starters, we should adopt good eating habits
1). Avoid Saturated fats, and trans-fats
2). Avoid refined flour products, and minimize simple carbohydrates
3). Drink about 8 cups of water per day.
4). Eat a balanced diet comprising of whole grains, fresh and cooked vegetables, fresh fruits, low-fat dairy products, cooked dried beans, nuts and seeds, trimmed meats, skinless fowl, eggs, and seafood.
1. Vegetable Curries
Do Not peel vegetables, they provide Silica. Choose green leafy vegetables (Spinach, Mustard green), orange and red color vegetables (Pumpkin, Sweet potatoes, Beets, Tomatoes), green red and purple Bell Peppers (Simla Mirch)
- Aloo Palak (made with un-peeled potatoes)
- Baingan Bharta (Mashed un-peeled eggplant)
- Sarson Saag (Mustard green)
- Kaddu (unpeeled Indian Pumpkin, Butternut squash)
- Bhindi (Okra), Karela (Bitter gourd), Simla Mirch (Bell Peppers0
2. Raw Vegetables, Raw Fruits and juices
Cooking kills digestive enzymes, and reduces some of the vitamins and antioxidants. Cooking may not impact the minerals significantly.
- Include at least one serving of raw vegetables.
Spinach, Carrots, Bell Peppers (Simla Mirch), Cucumbers, Celery, Tomatoes
- Choose citrus, and red to blue color fruits
Mausambi (Sweet Lime), Guava, Blueberries, Papaya
Pomegranate Juice, Plum Juice
3. Dairy Products
Raita made with Yogurt (with live culture), Un-peeled grated cucumbers, raw onions
Chach (Skimmed buttermilk with live culture)
4. Dried Beans
- Cholay (chickpeas), Rajma (Red kidney beans), Mah Dal (Black Matpe/beans)
- Sprouted Moong Beans. Provides bio-available Zinc
5. Carrots Carrots Carrots
Carrots are included as a line item by themselves for their nutritional value as beauty food.
Raw carrots, Carrot juice, Fermented carrots (Kanji), Gajar Palak Curry
6. Nuts and seeds
- Eat a handful of un-salted dry-roasted (or raw) peanuts and Almond. They are high in Biotin that promotes the growth of healthy nails and hair
- Cashews, Pistachios, Pumpkin Seeds, Sesame seeds
- Walnuts and Flaxseeds are source for Omega 3
7. Whole grains
- Naan (Leavened with yeast and yogurt whole-grain wheat)
- Brown Basmati Rice
Meats Fowl and Eggs
The thigh and leg portion of the animal has more Zinc than the other parts of an animal. Organs have high amount of Iron. Eggs have perfect protein profile
- Chicken Curry (made with skinless thighs and legs)
- Mutton Curry (made with Shank)
- Kaleji Fry (Chicken or Mutton liver)
- Oysters have the highest concentration of Zinc
- Tuna (Chura), and Raavas (Indian Salmon) are loaded with Omega 3, and Vitamin D
- Clams (Teesrya), Mackerel (Bangda), Sardines (Pedvey)
|HOME | About-us | Disclaimer | Contact-us|