1. Firm to extra firm Tofu: 1 Pound, pressed and cut into 1" cubes
2. Cooking oil spray
3. Onion, finely chopped: ½ cup
4. Dried spices
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Dried ginger powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Splenda packet: ½
5. Water: 3 Tablespoon
6. Fresh garlic cloves peeled: 3
7. Fresh ginger root chopped: 1 Tablespoon
8. Tomatoes Chopped: ½ cup
9. Fresh Spinach leaves: 6 cups pressed
1. Set 2 Tofu cubes aside to be pureed with spinach in the food
processor. Slightly coat the remaining Tofu cubes with cooking oil spray
2. Spray heavy bottom pan with cooking oil spray. Turn on heat. Put oiled Tofu cubes in hot pan. Sauté till slightly brown. Turn off heat. Remove the Tofu cubes and set aside
3. Slightly coat the chopped onions with cooking oil spray.
4. Spray the pan with cooking oil spray. Turn on the heat. Put oiled chopped onions in the pan. Sauté till the edges on the onions start to caramelize.
5. Add dried spices and water. Stir and simmer for two minutes
6. Crumble the raw Tofu cubes saved in step 1 and add to the pan
7. Add garlic, ginger, and tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes start to get tender
8 Add Spinach. Cover and simmer for five minutes till all the spinach has wilted. Turn of heat.
9. Transfer all the contents from the pan to food processor. Process to make smooth creamy sauce.
10. Transfer pureed spinach sauce to the pan. Add fried from step 2. Stir well
11. Turn on heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat. Let it rest about 10 minutes before service.