Weight Gain Brown Rice Pilaf (Zarda) Recipe
High calorie nutrition pack sweetened Rice pilaf with nuts and raisins to gain weight
One heavy bottom stainless steel sauté pan
One heavy bottom stainless steel Brazier or Dutch oven with a lid for the main dish.
1. Brown Basmati Rice: 2 cups
2. Water for pre-soaking rice: 3 cups
3. Canola oil: ¼ Cup
5. Sliced almonds: ¼ cup
6. Cinnamon Stick (3"): 1 Broken into about 4 pieces
7. Cloves: 3
8. Skim milk: 4¼ cups
9. Salt: pinch
10. Saffron 4 to six strands
11. Cardamoms: 4 Crack open the pods
12. Sugar: 1 Cup
13. Lemon juice: ½ teaspoon
14. Raisins: ¼ cup
1. Wash and rinse rice about three times. Presoak in water at room temperature for one hour or longer.
2. Add canola oil to the sauté pan. Start heat. When oil is hot, add cashews, sliced almonds, broken cinnamon stick and cloves. Sauté till lightly for about two minutes.
3. Add presoaked rice. Toss it around so the Rice is coated with oil. The rice will start turning opaque.
4. In the brazier pan, add milk, sugar, saffron strands, and cardamom seeds. bring it to a boil.
5. Add lemon juice, Raisins and rice from Step 3. Bring it to a boil.
6. Cover the brazier, turn down heat simmer on low heat for 40 minutes. Check rice for doneness. If not done cook longer, add water if needed.
7. Turn off heat. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
|Weight Gain Recipes | Weight Gain | Weight Management Tools | Obesity | Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|