|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Recipe Stuffed Tomatoes (Bharwa Tamatar)
Paalak Paneer (spinach and cheese stuffing)
1. Tomatoes medium: 6
2. Spinach (10 oz each frozen): 3
3. Olive oil: ¼ cup
4. Onion medium: 1
5. Salt: 2 teaspoons
6. Garlic : 2 Cloves
7. Serrano: 2
8. Ginger: ½"
9. Cumin Powder: 1 teaspoon
12. Corn meal: 1 Tablespoon
13. Cottage cheese: ½ cup
15. Olive oil: ¼ cup Needed for stove top baking only.
16. Water: 2 Tablespoons
Step 1 Prepare Vegetables
Spinach: Thaw and drain
Tomatoes: Wash. Cut off top and remove seeds. Rub the skin with some olive oil.
Onions: Peel and chop fine about the size of a cooked rice grain
Garlic: Peel and mince
Cilantro: Wash, rinse and chop
Serrano: Wash slice vertically, remove white membrane and seeds. Chop
Ginger: Peel and chop fine
Step 2 Prepare Stuffing
1. Add oil to pan. Heat. Add onions and salt, sauté till clear.
2. Add Garlic, Serrano and ginger. Saute about one minute.
3. Add Cardamom powder, Cinnamon powder and corn meal. Stir and sauté about 2 minutes.
4. Add Spinach and cottage cheese. Continue stirring and sauté about 4 minutes. The corn meal will soak up some fluids and bind all the ingredients. Turn off heat. Let stand about 10 minutes.
Step 3 Stuff
Stuff each tomato.
Step 4 Baking
Now we have two choices to Bake. We can bake in the oven, or bake on stove top.
1. Place tomatoes in a baking pan. Add 2 Tablespoon of water to the pan.
2. Preheat oven to 375º F.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.
Stove top Baking
This is traditional method in India. Choose a heavy bottom Brazier or a Dutch oven with lid.
1. Add ¼ cup of oil and 2 Tablespoons of water. Place the stuffed peppers.
2. Turn on heat. As the steam starts to build, partially cover with lid. Turn heat to medium low. Cook for 15 minutes.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|