|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Potato Cauliflower (Aloo Gobi) Electric Pressure Cooker
The traditional Aloo Gobi is adapted to Electric Pressure Cooking. It is cooked in two phase: Basic curry, and Finish. During Finish, spices are adjusted to taste, thickness is checked, sour agents and aromatic spices added
Phase I BASIC CURRY
1. Canola oil (Ghee): 6 teaspoons
2. Potatoes Peeled cut as long wedges: 2 pounds
3. Cauliflower flowerets split in half lengthwise: 1 Pound
4. Cumin seeds: ¼ teaspoon
5. Fenugreek seeds: ¼ teaspoon
6. Onions chopped fine: 1½ cup
7. Salt: 1 teaspoon
8. Cayenne Pepper Powder: ¼ teaspoon
9. Green Chili Pepper (Serrano) Split in half lengthwise, seeds and white pith removed: 6
12. DRY CURRY SPICES (Equal to 2 Tablespoon of Curry Powder)
- Cumin powder: 2½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Fenugreek powder: ½ teaspoon
- Dried Ginger powder: ½ teaspoon
13. Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Patta): 1 teaspoon
14. Asafetida Hing Powder: ¼ teaspoon
15. Dahi Yogurt: ¼ cup
16. Water: 1 Cup
Phase II FINISH
17. Amchoor (Mango Powder): ¼ teaspoon
18. DRY GARAM MASALA SPICES (Equal to 2 teaspoons of Garam Masala
- Cinnamon powder: ½ teaspoon
- Ground Cloves: ½ teaspoon
- Ground Black pepper: ½ teaspoon
- Ground Cardamom: ½ teaspoon
19. Chopped Fresh Cilantro: 2 Tablespoon
1. Add oil to Electric Pressure Cooker Pot. Start Brown/Sauté mode. Heat oil for about 3 minutes
2. Add potatoes, stir fry till lightly brown. Remove potatoes. Set aside.
3. Add cauliflower, stir fry till lightly brown. Remove cauliflower. Set aside.
4. Add Cumin seeds fry till starts to brown, add Fenugreek seed and sauté another one minute. You should have both cumin and Fenugreek brownish.
5. Add onions, salt, and Cayenne pepper Stir fry till edges turn brown lightly brown. About 4 minutes.
6. Add Serrano, Ginger and garlic stir well. Fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add DRY CURRY SPICES, Dried Fenugreek Leaves, and Asafetida Hing Powder. Stir and sauté. Don't let it burn. Add little water, if it starts to burn.
8. Add Potatoes and Cauliflower, Stir, everything should be nicely coated. Add yogurt and sauté about 2 minute
9. Add water. Close and lock-in the lid. Turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'SEAL/CLOSE' position. Set Pressure Cooker to HIGH/11.6 psi. Set Cooking Time to 6 minutes. START the pressure cooker.
10. After cooking time has elapsed, it will enter WARM mode and start dissipating pressure. Wait 10 minutes, turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'VENT/OPEN' position release remaining pressure.
Phase II Finish
11. Un-lock and open the the lid. Adjust spices to taste. Add Mango powder, DRY GARAM MASALA SPICES, and Cilantro. Stir.
12. Close and lock-in the lid. Turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'SEAL/CLOSE' position. Set Pressure Cooker to HIGH/11.6 psi. Set Cooking Time to one minute. START the pressure cooker.
13. After cooking time is elapsed, it will enter WARM mode. Leave it in WARM mode for about 20 minutes to naturally dissipate pressure.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|