|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Dum Aloo Gobi (Potato and Cauliflower) Crockpot Recipe
This recipe imitates old fashioned Dumpukht cooking in slowcooker of a popular dish made with potatoes and cauliflower.
Aloo Gobi (Potato Cauliflower) Traditional recipe
This is a dry curry. It is a common curry served with Poori (fried bread). This curry has a very distinguished taste because of Dahi Yogurt and Asafetida Hing Powder. The Kasoori Patta adds colorful specks to potatoes and cauliflower.
1. Ghee: ½ Cup
2. Potatoes: 2 Pounds
Peeled, Cut length-wise ½" wide wedges
Cauliflower flowerets about 1" to 2" long, each floweret into half length-wise.
Remove seeds and white membrane to adjust the heat
1. Curry Powder Standard Onset Punjabi : 2Tablespoon
2. Salt: ½ teaspoon
4. Asafetida Hing Powder: ¼ teaspoon
5. Amchoor: ¼ teaspoon
1. Cinnamon broken stick: 1"
2. Whole cloves: 6
3. Bay Leaf
1. Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Patta): 1 teaspoon
2. Dahi Yogurt: ¼ cup
3. Water: ½ Cup
Atta (All purpose flour): ¼ Cup
Water: 1½ Tablespoon
1. Heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan
2. Fry potatoes in batches till they have brown specks. Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to the Crockpot. It will take about 5 minutes per batch.
3. Fry cauliflower in batches till they have brown specks. Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to the Crockpot. It will take about 5 minutes per batch.
4. After step 3, you should have about 3 Tablespoon of Ghee left. Add onions and salt. Sauté till translucent. It will take about 3 minutes
5. Add Serrano, Ginger, and Garlic. Sauté about 2 minutes
6. Stir in remaining dry powder spices. Sauté about 2 minutes
8. Add Kasoori Patta, Dahi and water. Bring to a boil. Pour over the potatoes and cauliflower.
9. Make seal by mixing Atta and water to dough like consistency. Apply to the Crockpot rim seal with lid.
10. Turn Crockpot to high. Cook about 30 minutes.
11. Turn down heat to low. Let it cook for 3 hours.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|