Tin Rattan Dal Recipe
Tin Rattan means three gems: Chana Dal, Dhuli Urad Dal (skinless split Black Matpe), and Red Kidney beans.
1. Chana Dal (Split Desi chickpeas) : ½ Cup
2. Urad Dal (Split skinless Black Matpe): 1 Cup
3. Rajma (Red Kidney beans): ½ Cup
4. Water: 6 Cups
5. Cooking Oil: 2 teaspoons
1. Cooking oil: 3 Tablespoon
2. Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon
3. Finely chopped onion: 1½ Cup
4. Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
5. Cayenne powder: 1 teaspoon
6. Minced Garlic: 1½ Tablespoon
7. Chopped Serrano: 3
8. Chopped tomatoes: 2 cup
9. Amchoor: ½ teaspoon
Chopped Cilantro: ¼ cup
1. Pre-soak beans in plenty of water for about eight hours at room temperature.
2. Add 4 Cups of water and cooking oil to a pot. Bring it to a boil.
3. Add presoaked beans to to boiling water. Bring it to a boil.
4. Cook on medium heat till beans are tender, about an hour.
1. In a separate pan, heat Ghee.
2. Add Cumin seeds, fry till starting to turn brown
3. Add onions, salt and cayenne pepper. Sauté till edges of brown about 4 minutes
4. Add Garlic, and Serrano. Sauté about 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and Amchoor. Cook till tomatoes are soft and water is almost gone . about 6 minutes
6. Transfer to Dal. Cook for about 20 minutes.
Serve with Garnishing