|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Kasoori Cholay Dried Beans Pressure Cooker Recipe
|This is a popular recipe from Rajasthan Cholay made with dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Patta). Besan is added to thicken gravy
You can also make this dish with fresh Fenugreek leaf (Methi). .
(Chole, Chholay, Chickpeas, Garbanzo beans)
1. Kabuli Chana (Dried Garbanzo beans): 2 cups
3. Water: 3 Cups
4. Ghee: 3 Table spoon
5. Dry mix.. Mix the following ingredients thoroughly
Salt: ¾ teaspoon
Ground Cayenne pepper: ½ teaspoon
Cholay Spice Mix: 3½ Tablespoon
Besan: 2 Table spoon
Bay leaf: 3
6. Fresh Ginger chopped: 2 teaspoon
7. Dry sour mango powder (Amchoor): 1 teaspoons
8. Kasoori Patta (Dried Fenugreek leafs): ½ cup
1. Cilantro Chopped
2. Fresh Serrano Chopped
3. Thin wedges of fresh lime
Bring water to a boil. Add Garbanzo beans. Let it cook for 5 minutes and shut off the heat. Let rest for 12 hours or overnight at room temperature. After pre-soak is done, drain and rinse beans.
Add pre-soaked beans, and water to a pressure cooker. The water should top the beans by about 2". Lock in the lid. Turn on heat. After the pressure cooker has reached 15 PSI, turn the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat. Wait till the pressure has dropped.
Remove water from the pressure cooker leaving behind just enough water to make sure that beans are submerged.
1, Heat Ghee in a pan.
2. Add dry mix. Fry mix for about two minutes.
3. Add ginger fry about one minute
4. Transfer the frying pan contents to bean
5. Add Amchoor, Kasoori Patta. Bring it to a boil
6. Lock the lid of the pressure cooker. After the pressure cooker has reached 15 PSI, turn heat to low. Cook two minutes. Turn off the heat. Wait till the pressure has dropped.
7. Garnish Dish
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|