|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Whole Lentil (Sabut Masoor) cooked in Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe
The popular 'Sabut Masoor Dal' recipe is adapted to prepare in Electric Pressure Cooker. There are four
phases, prepare basic Dal, Temper Dal with Cumin seeds, Temper Dal with onions, and Finishing.
1. Sabut Masoor (Whole Lentil): 2 cups2. Water: 5 cups
3. Powdered hot Cayenne pepper: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
4. Canola oil: 2 teaspoons
5. Sea Salt:: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
6. Sugar: ¼ teaspoon7. Fresh Lime Juice: 1 Tablespoon
8. Canola oil: 2 teaspoons9. Whole Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon
10. Canola oil: 2 Tablespoons
15. Cultured Butter OR Sour Cream: 4 Tablespoons
Phase 1: Prepare Basic Dal
1. Add all ingredients (1 through 4) to the Pressure Cooker Pot.
2. Close and lock-in the lid. Turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'SEAL/CLOSE' position. Set Pressure Cooker to HIGH/11.6 psi. Set Cooking Time to 6 minutes. START the pressure cooker.
3. After cooking time has elapsed, it will enter WARM mode and start dissipating pressure. Wait 15 minutes, turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'VENT/OPEN' position release remaining pressure.
4. Un-lock and open the lid
Phase 2: Tempering with Cumin
5. Stir in salt sugar and lime juice.
6. Heat canola oil in a 6" or less sized frying pan. Add Cumin seeds, fry till they start to turn brown. Dump the contents over Cooked Dal in the Cooker Pot. Stir
Phase 3: Tempering with Onions
7. Heat canola oil in a 6" or less sized frying pan. Add onions, fry till they start to caramelize. Add Serrano, ginger and garlic, fry for about one minute. Dump the contents over Cooked Dal in the Cooker Pot. Stir
Phase 4: Finish
8. Close and lock-in the lid. Turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'SEAL/CLOSE' position. Set Pressure Cooker to HIGH/11.6 psi. Set Cooking Time to One minute. START the pressure cooker.
9. After cooking time is elapsed, it will enter WARM mode. Leave it in WARM mode for about 20 minutes to naturally dissipate pressure.
10. Un-lock and open the lid, Stir in the sour cream
In India Makhan (Cultured white butter) is used as a finish. I find cultured buttered cream to be a good acceptable substitute.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|