|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Restaurant Cholay Dried Beans Pressure Cooker Recipe
|This is my restaurant recipe. I use citric acid for sharp sourness. Besan is added for added body.
The gravy needs to come to a boil to thicken.
1. Kabuli Chana (Dried Garbanzo beans): 2 cups
3. Water: 3 Cups
4. Cooking oil: ½ Cup
5. Onions chopped: 1½ cup
6. Salt: ¾ teaspoons
7. Ground Cayenne pepper: ½ teaspoon
8. Fresh Garlic minced: 2 Tablespoons
9. Fresh ginger: Peeled finely chopped 2 Tablespoons
Make Dry spice mix
Cumin powder: 2½ teaspoon
Coriander powder: 2½ teaspoon
Cinnamon powder: 1 teaspoon.
Clove powder: 1 teaspoon
Ground Black pepper: 1 teaspoons
Ajwain: ½ teaspoon
Ground Fennel: ½ teaspoon
Besan: 2 Tablespoons
Bay leaf: 2
Citric Acid: 1 teaspoon
Bring water to a boil. Add Garbanzo beans. Let it cook for 5 minutes and shut off the heat and rest for 4 hours. Alternately soak for 12 hours or overnight at room temperature. After pre-soak is done, drain and rinse beans.
Add pre-soaked beans, and water to a pressure cooker. The water should top the beans by about 2". Lock in the lid. Turn on heat. After the pressure cooker has reached 15 PSI, turn the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat. Wait till the pressure has dropped. Drain. Leave behind water just enough so that beans are submerged.
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Add onions, salt, cayenne pepper. Sauté till the onions are translucent and edged are brown.
3. Add minced Garlic and chopped ginger.
4. Add thoroughly mixed dry spices. Stir and fry about two minutes.
5. Transfer the contents to pre-cooked beans.
6. Lock the lid of the pressure cooker. After the pressure cooker has reached 15 PSI, turn off heat. Wait till the pressure has dropped.
Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with fresh Serrano.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|