|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Yakhni Lamb Pulao Recipe
Rice cooked in stock is called Pulao. Yakhni is basically a Mutton Stock with yogurt. We will use lamb here.
1. Lamb boneless meat 1 to 1½" cubes: 1 pound
2. Lamb Shank bones 2" long: 1 pond
3. Water: 8 cups
4. Sugar: 1 Tablespoon
5. Salt: ¾ teaspoon
6. Yogurt whisked: 2 cups
7. Saffron: ½ teaspoon
8. Basmati Rice: 2½ cup
9. Ghee: ¼ cup
1. Cheese Cloth
2. Ginger chopped: 2" x 1"
3. Fennel seed: 2 Tablespoon
4. Cinnamon stick 3"x¼" Broken in half: 1
5. Cloves: 8
6. Black Cardamom cracked open:6
7. Black Peppercorn: 10
8. Bay leaf: 2
9. Cumin Seeds: 1 teaspoon
10. Coriander seed: 2 teaspoons
1. Spice Potli What is Potli
Fold cheese cloth twice. Form a working surface of about 6"x6". Put all the spices in the center. Gather the edges and tie with a string.
2. Combine Lamb, water, sugar, salt, and Spice Potli in a large stock pot
3. Bring it to a boil. Turn down heat.
4. Cook lamb on medium heat till the water is reduced to about half. If the meat is not tender, add more water and keep cooking.
5. While the lamb is being cooked, wash, rinse, and presoak Basmati rice in plenty of water for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove meat and bones set aside.
7. Remove spice Potli and discard.
8. Remove and measure the liquid (stock) it should be 4 cups. If not sufficient add more water or cook down.
9. Return to the pot
10. Add yogurt and whisk.
11. Crumble saffron and sprinkle over the mixture.
1. Drain and add pre-soaked rice
13. Add the lamb and bones set aside in step 5
14. Add Ghee. Stir.
15. When water becomes bubbly, cook on low heat covered about another 20 minutes till done.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|