|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Lamb Biryani Hyderabad style Recipe
This is a type of Kutchi Biryani. Normally the dish is made with goat meat (preferably kid). I will use lamb instead
The meat is marinated. Marinated meat with marinate is transferred to a baking pan. The rice is mixed with spiced yogurt. The rice mixture is placed on top of the lamb. The baking dish is sealed and slow cooked for a few hours.
Click here to review How to make Biryani .
1. Boneless Sirloin cubes (1" to 1½"): 1 pound
2. Shanks (Bones with meat cut about 2" long): 1 pound
3. Dry Spices
Salt: ¾ teaspoon
Cayenne pepper ground: ½ teaspoon
Green Cardamom seeds: 2 teaspoon
Black peppercorn: 10
Cinnamon stick 3"x¼" Broken: 1
Fennel seeds: ½ teaspoon
Shahi Jeera: ½ teaspoon
Nutmeg grated: ¼ medium size
Mace: 3 blades
4. Wet Ingredients
Chopped onion: ½ cup
Garlic cloves peeled: 3
Ginger chopped: 2" x 1"
Fresh Serrano: 2
Flesh of Green Papaya:½ cup
Yogurt: 2½ cup
Lemon Juice: 2 teaspoons
Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
Basmati Rice: 2 cups
Yogurt: 1 Cup
Saffron strands: ¼ teaspoon
Sweet aroma milk
1. Milk: ½ cup
1. Ghee: ¼ cup
1. Flour: ¼ cup
2. Water: 1 Tablespoon
I have used Green Papaya as one of the ingredients. In this recipe, it is not necessary to marinate lamb
1. Put dried spices in a food processor. Process till coarse ground.
2. Add Wet ingredients to the food processor. Process to make a paste.
3. Remove the paste. Add lamb to the paste. Rub the paste on the lamb. Transfer to the Dutch-oven
1. Wash and Rinse Rice. Presoak in water for at least 30 minutes. Drain
2. Crush and mix saffron to yogurt.
3. Fold yogurt and rice.
4. Transfer Rice on top of meat in the Dutch oven
Sweet aroma milk
Add Cardamom pods to milk. Warm milk to 100º F. Crush saffron. Add saffron. Let it cool about 10 minutes. Add Kewra and Rose. Cover. Pour aroma milk over rice in a circular fashion.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|