|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Nargisi Kofta (Egg coated with lamb) Curry Recipe
Hardboiled egg is coated with a mixture of ground lamb and curry spices
This is a popular North Indian Recipe from Uttar Pradesh. 'Nargisi' is derived from Nargis. Nargis refers to Narcissus, a winter flower grown in India. The flower has yellow center (the color of cooked egg-yolk), surround by white petals resembling cooked egg-white. Nargisi Kofta is a hard boiled egg coated with ground lamb, when cut in half, the egg-yolk and egg white look like the flower Nargis.
There are two sub-parts to making Nargisi Kofta: the Kofta itself, and the sauce. You can choose from a simple tomato sauce to complicated Makhni sauce. The casing of the Kofta is well spiced, so I have decided to use a very simple Tomato sauce.
1. Ground Lamb: 1 Pound
You can use 85% lean ground beef.
2. Eggs: 2 Lightly beaten
3. Ground Cinnamon: ¼ teaspoon
4. Ground Cardamom: ¼ teaspoon
5. Ground Cloves: ¼ teaspoon
6. Ground Cayenne pepper: ¼ teaspoon
7. Salt: ½ teaspoon
8. Besan: 2 Tables spoon as a binder.
9. Hard boiled eggs peeled: 4
10. Besan: 2 Tablespoon for final coat
1. Ghee: ¼ Cup
2. Finely chopped Onion: 2 Cups
3. Minced Garlic: 1 Tablespoon
4. Serrano: 2 de-veined chopped
5. Turmeric: 1 teaspoon
6. Salt: ½ teaspoon
7. Chopped Tomatoes: 2 Cups
1. Combine Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Cayenne, Salt, and Besan as a binder. Mix well.
2. Add in Lamb, Eggs. Mix well. You have a stiff batter.
2. Encase Hard boiled eggs in the stiff batter. Coat as heavy as possible.
3. Roll encased eggs in dry Besan.
4. Deep fry at 325º F till golden brown about 5 minutes.
1. Heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Add onions. Sauté till translucent to light brown.
3. Add Garlic, Turmeric, Serrano. Sauté about 3 minutes.
4. Add Tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Simmer at medium for about 20 minutes.
5. Gently Slide Kofta in the sauce. Simmer on low heat about.
6. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|