|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Lamb Curry Pressure Cooker Recipe
Made with cubed lamb tomatoes and curry spices. You can use Lamb, Mutton or Beef for this recipe.
|Compare with traditional Lamb Curry Recipe
1. Cooking oil: ½ Cup
2. Cubed Lamb (1" cubes): 2 Pounds
4. Salt: ¾ teaspoon
5. Ground Lal Mirch (Cayenne Pepper): 1 teaspoon
6. Minced Garlic: 2 Tablespoon
7. Finely Chopped peeled fresh ginger (1"): 1 Tablespoon
8. Chopped Hari Mirch (Serrano): 2
Remove seeds and white membrane to reduce heat.
9. Curry powder : 2½ Tablespoons
Cumin Powder: 1 Table spoon, and 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
Fenugreek powder: ¼ teaspoon
10. Chopped tomatoes: 1½ Cup
11. Water: ?
12. Bay Leaf: 2
13. Degi Mirch (Paprika): 2 teaspoon
14. Garam Masala : 1 Tablespoon
Clove powder: 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder: 1 teaspoon
Cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
1. Heat oil in heavy bottom pan. Brown meat. Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to the pressure cooker.
2. Add onions, salt and cayenne pepper. Sauté about 5 minutes till the onions are translucent and the edges start to turn brown.
3. Add garlic, ginger, and Serrano. Sauté about 2 minutes.
4. Add Curry powder. Sauté about 30 seconds. Transfer to the pressure cooker. Now we are done with the heavy bottom pan.
5. Add tomatoes, Bay leaf, Paprika, and Garam Masala. Lock in the lid.
6. Add water so that the meat is submerged and there is about ¼" of water on top of the meat. Lock in the lid.
7. After the pressure has built to 15 PSI, cook for 15 minutes. Shut off heat. Wait till the pressure drops naturally.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|