|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Kakori Kebab (Lamb Seekh Kebab) Recipe
Extra-tender kebab made with ground lamb marinated with raw papaya wrapped around needle like skewers
Kakori is a small village near Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh). This kebab was developed by Nawab to resolve the complains of the Sahibs (British) that the meats were tough. The ingredients are similar to Galawati Kebob. This kebab is cooked like Seekh kebab. I will use Bamboo skewers in place of metal skewers, and bake in oven. The ground meat is marinated in raw papaya.
1. Ghee: 3 Tablespoons
2. Chopped Onions: 1½ Cup
3. Minced Garlic: ½ Tablespoons
4. Chopped ginger: ½ Tablespoon
5. Ground Lamb: 1 Pound
6. Raw Papaya flesh mashed: 2 Tablespoons
7. Salt: ¼ teaspoon
8. Ground Cloves: ¼ teaspoon
9. Ground Cinnamon: ¼ teaspoon
10. Ground Cardamom: ¼ teaspoon
11. Cayenne ground: ½ teaspoon
12. Cumin Powder: ½ teaspoon
13. Black pepper ground: ½ teaspoon
1. Egg: 1 beaten
2. Kewra water: 1 teaspoon
3. Besan: 2 Tablespoons
Bamboo skewers soaked in water: 10
1. Heat Ghee in a Pan. Add Onions. Sauté Onion till lightly brown. Turn off heat.
2. We will use Food Processor in pulse mode to mix and grind the mixture.
-Add browned onions, raw minced Garlic, and chopped ginger to Food processor. Process till its is almost a paste. Remember we are cooking for toothless person.
- Add Papaya, Process in pulse mode.
- Add Ground lamb. Process in pulse mode.
3. Transfer contents of food processor to a large mixing bowl
4. Mix spices. Cover and let it marinate at room temperature for 4 to six hours
1. After the mixture is marinated. Add Kewra, and Egg. Mix.
2. Sprinkle Besan and mix. You need to make make it like a soft bread dough for Chapati. Adjust the amount of Besan as needed.
3. Let mixture rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Knead again
1. Cover each skewer with about ¼" thick mixture. It will look like a cigar that has been pierced with a skewer lengthwise
2. Preheat oven to 375º F. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|