|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Lamb Curry made in Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe
Traditional goat curry is made with Lamb and adapted for Electric Pressure Cooker. You may substitute Lamb with Beef stew meat. For convenience, I have used Tomato Purée. You may use chopped Plum tomatoes or even Tomato Spaghetti sauce
1. Canola Oil: 2 Tablespoons
2. Lamb stew meat, cut into 1" cubes: 2½ Pounds
4. Fresh Garlic Peeled minced: 4 Cloves
5. Finely Chopped peeled fresh ginger (1"): 1 Tablespoon
6. Fresh Whole Jalapeño pepper: 1 DO NOT CUT OR CHOP
7. CURRY POWDER: 2½ Tablespoons may be substituted with following
- Cumin Powder: 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Fenugreek powder: ¼ teaspoon
8. Cayenne pepper: ¼ teaspoon
9. Aromatic Curry Spices
- Bay Leaf: 2
- Black Cardamom pod cracked open 2
- Cinnamon stick 3" broken in halves: 1
- Whole Cloves (Spice): 3
- Black Peppercorn: 4
- Nutmeg powder: 1/8 teaspoon
10. Water: 1 Cup
11. Tomato Purée: ¾ Cup
12. Sea salt: ½ teaspoon
13. Sugar: ½ teaspoon
14 Fresh Lime juice: 1 teaspoon
15. Degi Mirch (Hungarian Paprika): 2 teaspoon
1. Turn to Brown/Sauté mode. Add oil to Cooking Pot of the Electric Pressure Cooker. Brown Lamb pieces on all sides in batches and set aside.
2. Add onions, sauté about 4 minutes till the onions are translucent and the edges start to turn brown.
3. Add garlic, ginger, and Serrano. Jalapeño pepper about 1 minutes.
4. Add Curry powder, Cayenne, and aromatic spice. Sauté about two minutes. You may add one or table spoons of water to prevent burning.
5. Add Lamb, Water and Tomato Puree. Stir
6. Close and lock-in the lid. Turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'SEAL/CLOSE' position. Set Pressure Cooker to HIGH/11.6 psi. Set Cooking Time to 30 minutes. START the pressure cooker.
6. After cooking time has elapsed, it will enter WARM mode and start dissipating pressure. Wait 20 minutes to fully dissipate pressure
7. Add salt sugar lime juice and Degi Mirch. Adjust spices if needed
8. Close and lock-in the lid. Turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'SEAL/CLOSE' position. Set Pressure Cooker to HIGH/11.6 psi. Set Cooking Time to 5 minutes. START the pressure cooker.
10. After cooking time is elapsed, it will enter WARM mode. Leave it in WARM mode for about 20 minutes to naturally dissipate pressure.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|