|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Bhuna Tilli (Roasted Goat Spleen Curry) Recipe
You can use Mutton Lamb or Beef spleen. Spleen has the highest amount of dietary iron. It is also called Spleen Roast
Bhuna (dry-roasted) spleen is cooked with spices and herbs in Ghee and very little water, till Ghee starts to separates. In Hindi, Spleen is called Tilli.
1. Ghee: ¼ cup
2. Medium onions, diced ½": 2
3. Spleen of Lamb (Tilli): 2 Pounds
4. Fresh ginger, peeled finely chopped: 2"x1"
5. Fresh Garlic cloves, minced: 8
6. Fresh Serrano, chopped: 2
7. Dry Spice Mix
8. Water: 2 Tablespoons
9. Extra Ghee: 2 Tablespoons
Start Dry Spice Mix Ingredients
1. Cumin Powder: 1 teaspoon
2. Coriander Powder: 1½ teaspoon
3. Fenugreek seed Powder: 1 teaspoon
4. Turmeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
5. Ground Hot Cayenne: 1½ teaspoon
6. Cloves powder: ¼ teaspoon
7. Cinnamon powder: ¼ teaspoon
8. Black pepper ground: ¼ teaspoon
9. Fine-grain sea salt: ½ teaspoon
End Dry Spice Mix Ingredients
1. Cut spleen open with a knife. Scrape the meat away away from the skin and tendons. Discard membrane and tendons. Cut spleen into bite size pieces. Set Spleen aside.
2. Heat Ghee in a heavy sauce pan. Add onions. Fry onions till translucent. About 7 minutes
3. Add Spleen, Ginger, Garlic, Serrano. Stir. Fry on low heat about 5 minutes.
4. Mix dry spices. Stir in dry spices. Fry on low heat about 3 minutes.
5. Add water and extra Ghee. Cook covered on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
6. Continue cooking about 10 minutes till the Ghee starts to leave the spices.
7. If Spleen is not cooked to your liking, add one more Tablespoon of water and cook covered. Repeat till you have achieved consistency
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|