|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Bakara Kaleja Masala (Curried Goat liver) Recipe
You can use Mutton Lamb Beef or Chicken Liver. Liver is an excellent source of dietary Iron. Its also called Liver-Fry or Liver-Roast
Liver should not be cooked for too long or in too much water. This is a North Indian damp curry stir-fry. Choose young animal (beef-calf, Kid goat, baby lamb) for least stringy.
1. Juice of ½ Fresh Lime
2. Peanut or Vegetable oil: 1½ teaspoon
3. Garlic, peeled crushed: 4 cloves
4. Ginger, peeled grated: 1"x1"
5. Lamb liver, sliced: 1 pound
6. Dry Spice Mix
7. Ghee: 3 Tablespoons
8. Onion, peeled chopped: 1½ Cup
9. Water: ¼ Cup
- Start Dry Spice Mix Ingredients
1. Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
2. Ground Cumin: 1½ teaspoon
3.. Ground Coriander: 1 Tablespoon
4. Ground dried ginger powder: ¼ teaspoon
5. Ground Cayenne: 1 teaspoon
6. Cinnamon powder: ¼ teaspoon
7. Ground Cloves: ¼ teaspoon
8. Ground Black Pepper: ½ teaspoon
9. Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- End Dry Spice Mix Ingredients
1. Mix lime juice, peanut oil, garlic, and ginger. Mix well. Whisk
2. Cut liver into 1½" strips or configuration of your choice. Pour Lime/Oil mixture over Liver. Coat Liver well
3. Combine dry spice mix spices. Pour over Liver. Toss liver in dry spice mixture. Cover with plastic foil. Let it rest for about one hour.
4. Heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan. Add Onions. Fry till onions are translucent, edges start to turn brown
5. Add liver along with all the spices. Fry on medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Add water. Cover. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
7. Remove lid. Continue cooking till almost all the moisture is gone, or to desired consistency. 3 Minutes.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|