|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Bheja Bakra Masala (Goat Brain curried) Recipe
Bheja is also called Maghaz. You can use Goat Lamb Mutton or Beef brains to make this simple damp curry.
The brain is cleaned, and then either steamed or blanched. The pre-cooked brain is than cooked feedstock of fried onion garlic ginger Serrano and curry spice.
1. Brains : 2 (Approximately 1 Pound)
3. Ghee: ¼ cup
4. Onions, Peeled finely chopped: 2 cups
5. Garlic, peeled crushed: 3 Cloves
6. Ginger, peeled chopped fine: 1"x1"
7. Serrano, white pith removed to reduce heat, chopped: 2
8. Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
9. Coriander powder: 2 teaspoon
10. Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
11. Cayenne ground: ¼ teaspoon
12. Black pepper ground: ¼ teaspoon
13 Salt: ¼ teaspoon
14. Water: 2 Tablespoon
15. Juice of half fresh lime
1. Clean and prepare brains. Boil 4 cups of water in a large pot. Turn off heat. Immerse brains in this water water. Cover and let it rest for 3 minutes. Drain water. Now remove the membrane. Cut off al the nerves as much possible. Wash brain in running water.
2. Pre-cook brains. Don't Cut brain. Cook in a steamer, or in a pan covered with minimum water. for about 10 minutes. Let it cool and drain. Slice brains about 4 slices each
3. Heat Ghee in a frying pan
4. Add onions. Fry till edges turn brown. 5 minutes
5. Add Garlic, Ginger and Serrano. Stir. Fry about one minute
6. Add Turmeric powder, Coriander, Cumin, Cayenne, Black pepper, and Salt. Fry one minute
7. Add sliced precooked brains. Stir and fry about 3 minutes.
8. Add water. Stir. Cook covered about 5 to 8 minutes for desired consistency
9. Stir in Lime juice. Shut off heat
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|