Chicken Paalak (Spinach) Healthy Recipe
This dish is based on popular Paalak and Paneer. Here we will substitute Paneer with low fat chicken.
1. Vegetable oil: 1 Tablespoon
3. Onion finely chopped: 1/2 cup
4. Fresh ginger finely chopped: 1/2 Inch
5. Minced garlic: 2 cloves
6. Turmeric powder: 1/8 teaspoon
7. Cumin powder: 1/2 teaspoon
8. Ground Fenugreek seeds: 1/8 teaspoon
9. Salt to taste
10. Cayenne pepper to taste
11. Poached & De-fatted Chicken : 1-1/2 Cup
13. Gelatin Broth : 1/4 cup
14. Water: 1/4 Cup
12. Fresh Spinach leaves: 1-1/2Cup
Step 1: Heat vegetable oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add chopped onions, sauté onions till clear.
Step 2: Add Garlic and ginger.
Step 3: Add Turmeric powder, Cumin powder, Fenugreek seed powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Sautee another one minute. Don't let the mixture burn. If too dry add a tablespoon of water.
Step 4: Cut Poached & Defatted chicken in to bite size pieces and add to the pan. Sauté for about two minutes.
Step 5: Gelatin stock and water.
Step 6: Make sure spinach is thoroughly washed. Finely chop spinach. Add Spinach to the pot. Turn heat high till water comes to a boil. Cover the pot with a tight lid. Turn down heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
Step 7: The spinach should have wilted down by now and immersed in the juices. Stir and cook on high heat for another five minutes to get a good lose pasty consistency.