Baked Sooji Halwa (Farina Halva) Fusion Recipe
Traditional Halwa is made on stove-top. This is a modified recipe so the Halwa is baked in the oven instead
1. Water: ½ Cup
2. Milk: ¼ Cup
3. Sugar: 1 Cup
4. Cardamom seeds: ½ teaspoon
5. Saffron: 6 strands
1. Butter un-salted: 1 Stick (¼ pound)
2. Sugar: ½ Cup
3. Eggs: 3 Separated.
4. Sooji (Farina): 1 Cup
5. Baking powder (Double Action): 1 teaspoon
6. Sliced Almonds: ¼ Cup
7. Split Cashews: ¼ Cup
Prepare sweet slurry
1. Mix water, milk, sugar, cardamom seeds. Bring to a boil. Add saffron. Shut off heat. Cover. Set aside for about 10 minutes to let aromas infuse.
2. Mix Butter and sugar. Beat well to cream about 5 minute.
3. Add egg yolk. Beat well till fluffy. about 2 minutes.
4. Mix Farina, baking powder. Add Butter yoke mixture.
5. Mix Almonds and cashews
6. Fold in beaten egg whites.
7. Pour the mixture in a greased 9"x9" baking pan
8. Preheat oven to 375º F.
9. Bake Halwa for 30 minutes. Let it cool to warm
10. Cut Halwa into diamond shaped Burfee with a sharp knife. Pour warm sweet slurry over Halwa.