How to make smoothie? (Fruit Smoothie)
The fruit smoothie has four basic components: Proteins, Slightly acidic fruit, Sweeteners, and Ice. The acid in the fruits makes the proteins thick and smooth
The Fruits may be fresh, frozen or even juices: Typical fruits used are: Banana, Water melon, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Frozen Blueberries, Frozen Orange Juice
The proteins used are: Yogurt, Paneer, Ricotta Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Whey powder, Soy milk, Tempeh, Soft Tofu, Soy protein powder
1. Ice cubes 1cup
2. Yogurt: 1 Cup
3. Protein powder: 2 Tablespoons (Optional)
Protein powder is to make high protein beverage.
4. Fruit: 1 Cup
5. Lime Juice: 1 teaspoon (Optional)
The Lime or orange juice is added if the fruits do not have sufficient acid.
6. Honey: 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
The sweeteners are added if the fruits are not sweet.
You need an Electric Blender or a Food Processor
1. Add ice cubes to the blender.
2. Add yogurt and protein powder. Process.
3. Add fruits and lime juice. Process.
4. Add sweeteners. Process
1. Combination of protein and acid in the fruit, makes smoothie smooth and thick.
2. Most of the recipes contain a banana as a thickener. Always choose over-ripened bananas with a few dark brown spots.
3. Choose over-ripened fruits. Over-ripened fruits lessen the need for sweeteners, and have stronger fruit flavor.
4. Normally, there is no sweetener added. The beverage relies on natural sweetness of the fruit. Some recipes may add honey, or Splenda.
5. Freeze the fruit before making smoothie. It will make the smoothie thicker and frostier. Frozen fruit or fruit juice also eliminate the need for ice cubes. As a minimum, all the ingredients should be cold before blending.
6. Protein powders (Soy, or whey) are routinely added along with yogurt to increase protein value
Beets & Red Pepper Smoothie High Iron Iron deficiency
Blueberry smoothie Weight Loss
Blueberry Smoothie Brain food Brian food
Protein Smoothie (Soy) Weight-Gain Weight Gain
Spinach and Pepper Smoothie High Iron Iron deficiency
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|