How to make British Curry?
Make curry sauce, add sautéed vegetables or cooked meat to complete the entree
Chicken is a popular exemplar. British curry names and ingredients are same as Indian curries, the recipes are different.
1. Vegetable oil: ¼ cup
2. Large onion, finely chopped: 1
3. Whole dried red chilies: 8
4. Cardamom Pods cracked open: 2
5. Garlic cloves peeled and crushed: 2
6. Curry powder: 1 Tablespoon
Cumin ground: 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
Dried ginger powder: ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
7. Tomato Paste (Tomato Puree concentrate): 1 teaspoon
8. Salt: 1/8 teaspoon
9. Water: ¾ water
10. Serrano, remove white pith to reduce heat, finely chopped: 1
11. Entree exemplar: Sautéed vegetables, cooked Chicken, or Cooked beef
1. Heat oil on high heat in a sauce pan. Add onions. Fry till onions become translucent and not brown. About 5 minutes. Lower the heat
2. Add Chilies and Cardamoms. Fry about two minutes
3. Add Garlic. Fry 2 minutes. The Garlic and onions should be well cooked
4. Add Curry powder. Stir and fry about one minute
5. Add Tomato paste, Salt, and water. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat.
6. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes, the gravy will start to thicken.
7. Add Serrano. If making gravy only, simmer for 10 minutes or longer and shut off heat. If making an entree go to next step
8. Add Entree exemplar. Simmer for 10 minutes, continue cooking till all the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|