|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Nankhatai No-Egg Biscuit (Cookie) Recipe
Nankhatai (Naan-Khatai) cookie made with all purpose flour butter pistachios and almonds
1. Un-salted Butter: 1 cup (2 sticks)
2. Powdered sugar: ¾ cup
3. Milk: 4 Tablespoons
1. All Purpose flour (Maida): 2 Cups
2. Baking powder:½ teaspoon
3. Fine grain sea salt: ¼ teaspoon
4. Ground Green Cardamom seeds: 1 teaspoon
1. Crushed Pistachios: ¾ cup
2. Sliced Almonds: 1 Tablespoon
Step 1: Wet Mixture
1. Use Electric mixer. Beat butter about one minute
2. Add sugar. Beat till the mixture is light and fluffy about 7 minutes
3. Add milk. Beat one minute to make a smooth mixture.
Step 2: Dry Mix
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt and Cardamom powder. Sieve
Step 3: Dough
1. Add one third of dry mix at a time to wet mixture beating at low speed. Knead it into a dough.
2. Stir in Pistachios.
Step 4: Baking
1. Preheat oven to 300º F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
3.Divide dough into 24 parts. Roll each part in to a ball
4. Press each ball of dough into a flat patty about ¼" thick. Press some Almonds on the top surface of the patty. Put the patty on parchment paper. Continue till all the balls are done
5. Bake for 20 minutes. The cookies should just start to turn brown.
6. Shut off heat. Remove the cookie sheet to let the cookies cool.
|Google Group | Disclaimer | What do you think!|