Besan Laddu Laddoo Ladoo (Fudge Ball) Recipe
These Besan balls made with Besan Seeds Nuts Sugar and Ghee are popular during festive occasions throughout India
1. Sugar: 1 Cup
2. Cardamom seeds: ½ teaspoon
3. Ghee (Clarified butter): 1 Cup
4. Besan (Chickpea flour): 1 Cup
5. Seeds and Nuts: ¼ Cup Total
Water melon seeds, Cantaloupe seeds, Crushed Pistachios.
1. Process sugar in food processor to a powder. Add Cardamom seeds. Process in pulse mode for 2 seconds. Set cardamom sugar aside
2. Mix Ghee and Besan in a heavy bottom pan. Turn on heat. Cook on low heat. First the Besan will soak-in the Ghee, and then as the Besan starts to fry, the Besan will start getting lighter, and then golden brown. It will have a nutty aroma. Don't burn the Besan.
3. Stir in nuts, Mix. Turn off heat. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Add Cardamom Sugar. Mix well. Let it cool to war so it can be handled.
5. Hand form into about Lime sized balls.