|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Besan (Chickpea Flour) Cookies Recipe
This tastes almost like a Besan Burfee which is very high in fat and sugar.
The Jaggery/Brown sugar will make the cookie center soft. If you want to have firm center, replace Jaggery/brown sugar with confectioner's sugar and bake at 300º F for 20 minutes.
1. Un-salted Butter: 1 Cup
2. White granulated sugar: ½ cup
Jaggery may be substituted with Brown sugar
4. Eggs: 2
1. Besan (Chickpea flour): 3¼ Cup
2. Salt: ¼ teaspoon
3. Baking Soda: ½ teaspoon
4. Baking Powder: ½ teaspoon
5. Powdered Green Cardamom seeds: 1 teaspoon
1. Thinly shaved (slices) coconut: ¾ Cup
Step 1: Wet Mixture
1. Use Electric mixer. Beat butter for about 1 minute
2. Gradually add sugars. Bet till mixture is light and fluffy
3. Add Eggs. Beat for 30 seconds or more to form a smooth mixture.
Step 2: Dry Mix
Mix Besan, baking powder, baking soda salt. Sieve
Step 3: Dough
1. Gradually add Dry mix to wet mixture, beating at low speed to make dough
2. Stir in coconut
Step 4: Baking
1. Preheat oven to 350º F
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper
3. Roll out the dough about ¼" thick, cut cookies with a cookie cutter and put them on the baking sheet leaving about 1" space in-between cookies.
4. Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool off for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
|HOME | About-us | Disclaimer | Contact-us|