|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Besan Baati Chakki (Chickpea flour Fudge) Recipe
Besan Chakki is made with Besan Ghee Milk Khoya Almonds Pistachios and sugar
Besan Chakki is a common Besan confection used In Rajasthan. The recipe is little involved. You make Besan Baati (a Rajasthan bread), crumble it, sauté the crumbles, add Khoya, and syrup. Let it set and cut into diamond forms
1. Besan (Chickpea flour sifted): 3 Cup
1. Ricotta Cheese: 1 Pound
2. Whole dried milk: 4 Cups
3. Un salted Butter: 2 Sticks (½ Pound)
1. Almonds: 1½ Cup
2. Pistachios: 1½ Cup
1. Sugar: 1¾ Cups
2. Water: 1 Cup
Step 1 Baati Crumbs
1. Make stiff dough with Besan and Milk. Make about 12 Baati. Pinch off dough to make about 1½" ball. Now. press it forming a very thick patty. Deep fry Baati at a low temperature in Ghee to golden brown. Remove Baati. Set aside. Reserve the remaining Ghee.
2. When Baati is cool, tear it in pieces, process Baati in Food Processor in Pulse mode to form coarse crumbs.
3. Refry Baati crumbs in Ghee about five minutes.
Step 2 Khoya
1. Mix Ricotta cheese and dried milk.
2. Heat a large pan. We will use this pan to assemble and cook the whole recipe.
3. Melt butter in the pan. Add ricotta cheese and dried milk. Cook till it is dough like consistency.
4. Add the Baati crumbs.
Step 3 Nuts
Process nuts in a food processor in Pulse mode to grind coarse.
Add to Mix from step 2.
Step 4 Syrup
Combine water and sugar. Bring it to a boil. Cook till 224º F.
Step 5 Wet Mix
Add syrup to mix in step 3. Cook for 10 minutes
Transfer the contents in a greased pan forming a slab about ¾" thick. Let it cool before cutting.
|HOME | About-us | Disclaimer | Contact-us|