|This is similar to making Shrikhand except it happens to be a mild spice flavored, a creamy spice flavored yogurt cheese spread.
1. Yogurt (Dahi): 1 quart
2. Minced Garlic: 2 Tablespoons
3. Finely chopped fresh cilantro: ¼ Cup
4. Finely chopped fresh peppermint leafs: ¼ Cup
5. Lime or lemon juice: 2 Tablespoons
6. Cumin powder: 1 Tablespoon
7. Salt: to taste perhaps 1 teaspoon
8. Crushed Red peppers to taste perhaps 1 teaspoon
Step 1: Mix all ingredients well. Taste and adjust spices.
Step 2: Line a colander with folded cheese cloth. The cheese cloth should be big enough so that it can be folded over the yogurt mixture when it placed in the colander.
Step 3: Place the yogurt mixture in the cheese cloth lined colander. Fold the edges of the cheese cloth covering the yogurt mixture. Place a one pond weight ( A standard 14oz can of beans will be sufficient) on the covered mixture.
Step 4: Let it drain for about twelve hours. Remove weight, open the cheese cloth and remove the spread. What you have is spiced flavored yogurt cheese ideal to be used as a spread over crackers.