|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Murgh Yakhni Easy Recipe
Made with commercial chicken broth skinless drum sticks and yogurt
Traditional chicken Yakhni is a chicken broth made from scratch finished with yogurt
Murgh Yakhni Traditional Recipe. For chicken, we can use whole chicken (8 parts), Chicken breast, or whatever we like. I prefer to use chicken drum sticks and serve it over Basmati rice.
1. Skin less drum sticks: 8
1. Cheese cloth: 1
2. Cotton string 18"
3. Fennel seed: 2 Tablespoon
4. Cinnamon stick 3"x╝" Broken in half: 1
5. Cloves: 8
6. Black Cardamom cracked open:6
7. Black Peppercorn: 10
8. Bay leaf: 2
9. Cumin Seeds: 1 teaspoon
10. Coriander seed: 2 teaspoons
1. Chicken Stock: 2 cups
1. Ghee: 3 Tablespoons
3. Finely chopped Ginger: 1"x1"
4. Asafetida powder: ╝ teaspoon
5. Salt: ╝ teaspoon or to taste
6. Ground Cayenne pepper: ╝ teaspoon or to taste
7. Saffron strands: ╝ teaspoon
8. Yogurt: 2 Cups
Prepare Spice Potli
1. Fold a cheese cloth in to half. Fold it into half again making a 6"x 6" surface
2. Put spices in the center. Gather edges and tie a string.
Put Chicken stock and spice Potli in a Stock pot. Bring it to a boil. Turn down heat. Cover and Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes. Turn off heat. Remove and discard Spice Potli.
1. Heat Ghee in a pan.
2. Add drum stick fry till slightly brown about 5 minutes. Remove browned chicken and set aside.
4. Ginger. SautÚ about 90 seconds.
5. Add Asafetida, Salt, Ground Cayenne. SautÚ 60 seconds.
6. Add drum sticks. SautÚ about 2 minutes.
7. Add chicken Shorba. Bring it to a boil. Turn down heat. Cover, Cook about 15 minutes till chicken is tender.
8. Turn down heat. Stir in yogurt.
9. Crush and sprinkle saffron. Stir. Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
|HOME | About-us | Disclaimer | Contact-us|