|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Texas style Chicken Chili in Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe
Traditional American Texan beef chili is adapted for ground chicken cooked in Electric Pressure Cooker. Dried Red Kidney beans are used. You may substitute ground chicken with ground turkey or a combination of skinless boneless chicken breast/thighs cut into 1" pieces.
Some common Indian curry spices (shown as OPTION) for added flavor
1. Canola Oil: 2 Tablespoon
2. Ground Chicken: 3 pounds
3. Onions chopped fine: 2 cups
4. Garlic, peeled chopped: 4 Cloves
5. Fresh Ginger, peeled chopped: 1 Tablespoon OPTION
6. Fresh Whole Jalapeño Pepper: 1 DO NOT CUT OR CHOP
6. Ground Cumin: 1 teaspoon
7. Ground Coriander: 1 teaspoon
8. Oregano: 1 teaspoon
9. Cayenne pepper: ¼ teaspoon
10. Bay leaf: 1
11. Dried Red Kidney beans: 1 cup
12. Tomato Purée: 1½ cup
13. Water: 3 Cups
14. Sea-salt: ¾ teaspoon
15. Ground Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon OPTION
16. Ground cloves (spice): ¼ teaspoon OPTION
17. Whole Cardamom pods cracked open: OPTION
18. Commercial American Chili Powder: 3 Tablespoons
19. Sugar: ½ teaspoon
1. Set Brown/Sauté mode. Add Canola oil to Cooking Pot. Heat oil for about 3 minutes.
2. Brown Chicken in batches about half pound each. Don't move chicken around too much. Cook for two minutes, break into large chunks, turn over cook another two minutes. Remove the cooked batch in to a glass bowl. Continue till all the Chicken is browned. Set it aside.
3. Add onions. Sauté about four minutes till onions are translucent. Add garlic, ginger, Jalapeño sauté about one minute
4. Add Cumin, Coriander, Oregano, Cayenne, Bay leaf Sauté about one minute
5. Add beans, tomato purée, and water.
6. Close and lock-in the lid. Turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'SEAL/CLOSE' position. Set Pressure Cooker to HIGH/11.6 psi. Set Cooking Time to 25 minutes. START the pressure cooker.
7. After cooking time has elapsed, it will enter WARM mode and start dissipating pressure. Wait 15 minutes, turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'VENT/OPEN' position release remaining pressure. Unlock and open lid.
8. Add browned chicken and remaining ingredients. Stir
9. Close and lock-in the lid. Turn the Pressure Release Knob to 'SEAL/CLOSE' position. Set Pressure Cooker to HIGH/11.6 psi. Set Cooking Time to 10 minutes. START the pressure cooker. After cooking time is elapsed, it will enter WARM mode. Leave it in WARM mode for at least 20 minutes to fully dissipate pressure.
|HOME | About-us | Disclaimer | Contact-us|