|Beverage | Bread | Chicken | Chutney | Dairy | Dessert | Lamb | Legume | Nuts | Rice | Seafood | Snack | Spices | Vegetable|
Murgh Kaleja (Curried Chicken livers) Recipe
North Indian recipe for damp chicken liver curry. Liver should not be cooked for too long or in too much water.
You can use similar technique with goat mutton lamb beef livers. Liver is an excellent source of Iron.
1. Juice of ½ Fresh Lime
2. Peanut or Vegetable oil: 1½ teaspoon
3. Garlic, peeled crushed: 4 cloves
4. Ginger, peeled grated: 1"x1"
5. Chicken livers: 1 pound
6. Dry Spice Mix
7. Ghee: 3 Tablespoons
8. Onion, peeled chopped: 1½ Cup
9. Water: ¼ Cup
- Start Dry Spice Mix Ingredients
1. Turmeric: ¼ teaspoon
2. Ground Cumin: 1½ teaspoon
3.. Ground Coriander: 1 Tablespoon
4. Ground dried ginger powder: ¼ teaspoon
5. Ground Cayenne: 1 teaspoon
6. Cinnamon powder: ¼ teaspoon
7. Ground Cloves: ¼ teaspoon
8. Ground Black Pepper: ½ teaspoon
9. Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- End Dry Spice Mix Ingredients
1. Mix lime juice, peanut oil, garlic, and ginger. Mix well. Whisk
2. Cut liver into halves. Cut out and discard yellow spots. Pour Lime/Oil mixture over Liver. Coat Liver well
3. Combine dry spice mix spices. Pour over Liver. Toss liver in dry spice mixture. Cover with plastic foil. Let it rest for about one hour.
4. Heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan. Add Onions. Fry till onions are translucent, edges start to turn brown
5. Add liver along with all the spices. Fry on medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Add water. Cover. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
7. Remove lid. Continue cooking till almost all the moisture is gone, or to desired consistency. 3 Minutes.
|HOME | About-us | Disclaimer | Contact-us|