Kahva (Kahwa) Chai Recipe
This is a Kashmir version of Garam Chai, except that It is made with Green tea without any milk or cream.
1. Water: 4 cup
2. Cinnamon: 1" broken up
3. Sugar: 4 teaspoons
4. Green Tea bags: 3
5. Saffron: 4 strands crushed
6. Green cardamom seeds from 4 pods
7. Blanched Almonds: 4
1. Put water, Cinnamon and sugar in a pot. Bring it to a boil. Cook for five minutes. Add tea bags, cook for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and strain.
3. Crush saffron and add to tea. Simmer two minutes. Turn off heat.
4. Crush cardamom seeds and almonds to form very coarse powder, mix in ground cinnamon.
Put ½ teaspoon of crushed almond/cardamom/cinnamon in a cup. Fill up the cup with with hot tea.