Moong Dal Dosa Recipe
Gluten free crepes made of brown rice and decorticated split Mung beans
1. Uncooked Decorticated Split Mung beans (Dhuli Moong Dal): 1 Cup
2. Uncooked Brown Basmati: ½ Cup
3. Kosher salt: ¼ teaspoon
4. Hing (Asafetida powder): Pinch
5. Fresh Ginger finely chopped: ½
6. Finely chopped Cilantro: ¼ cup
7. Canola oil or Vegetable oil for cooking
Step 1: Wash and rinse Moong Dal and Basmati Rice. Soak in water at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
Step 2: Drain Moong Dal and Basmati Rice. Grind together in a grinder or a food processor to a fine batter. You may add about ¼ cup water to form a smooth batter. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Step 3: Heat a heavy griddle. Lightly baste with vegetable oil (about ¼ teaspoon)
Step 4: Use a ladle to pour the batter, spreading it out with the bottom of the ladle forming a thin pancake.
Step 5: Cook till the outer edge starts to change color to opaque to slightly brown. Dribble some oil around the edges so it seeps under the Dosa.
Step 6: Use a turner to flip the Dosa over. Let it cook for about one minute.
Step 7: Remove the Dosa and serve hot with Chutney